Monday, October 4, 2010

I've created a new subculture. It shall be called... PUNK NERD.

Mostly nerd.

I don't think I need to re-describe my love for Billy Idol to anyone who's actually reading this blog. My love for Billy is lasting, unfaltering, and sadly, unrequited. When I saw him perform live in Dallas in August, I nearly quit my job and followed him on tour. I mean I seriously thought about it.

I didn't follow him on tour, but that doesn't mean that I can't keep a little piece of Billy with me, to keep me warm at night. From me, to me, and in the spirit of Billy, I bought myself a little gift.





My Billy Idol punk glove isn't exactly like Billy's.... And I can't quite snarl like him...


I promise to never make this face again.

I was hoping my gloves would come in the mail all weekend. They didn't, and I had to anticipate their arrival at work all day. Yes, there are two of them. They came as a pair. Billy only ever wears one, so I'll only ever wear one. Like a good groupie. But at least I'll have a backup when one of them gets old and starts falling apart.

Needless to say, once I got the gloves on I danced around all giddily and immediately had to take pictures. I knew I was going to write about them as soon as I bought them. Waiting was the hardest part. I'm wearing them to work tomorrow.


Still hot.

3 comments:

  1. I will never understand..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked, Miss Punk nerd.

    Btw my captcha was "dityho".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have equally punkish ripped tummy-baring tees like the Idol?
    Pics pls! :D

    ReplyDelete