Sunday, August 30, 2009

How bout them Cowboys!?

I've been a Cowboys fan for longer than I can even remember, so right now I just can't get over attending my first ever LIVE Cowboys game. Even if they did lose. Even if it was only pre-season. My only regret is that I never saw a game in the old Texas Stadium in Irving. :(

I will say this much: the "Party Pass" tickets are NOT worth it. They advertise giving access to one of several "party decks," but in reality, the ticket allows you to stand along a counter one the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th level at the end zones - if there's space. The area are not large at all. There is no seating if you didn't pay for it (read: no restaurant/concession area seating). Basically, you pay $30 to stand behind the regular seating and watch the entire game on one of the big screens. Luckily, after the first quarter the usher in our area let people take seats that weren't already filled.

Now I will pic-spam you.

This is inside the stadium, looking down. You can see the huge big screen TVs hanging over the field. Getting a lot of publicity right now because a kick hit it in the first pre-season game.

Also, notice the Cowboys star isn't at mid-field yet. They're having a ceremony in Game 1 of the regular season where they're going to place it. I wish I could be there for that! (The Ring of Honor, where retired Cowboys are honored, is also not up yet. Not sure when it's going up.)



It's only pre-season, but that didn't stop the fans from coming out. There were 72,171 people in attendence yesterday. It had the same feel as a regular season game.








My family helped build the stadium by purchasing one of their memorial stones. This is places on the walkway around the outside of the stadium. Our stone says "We Live and Die Every Sunday. A XXXXXX Family Tradition." We gave it to our dad for his birthday or Father's Day last year (I can't remember which. I'm a bad daughter.)






Here I am, enjoying the game with my mommy. My sister and I both drew blue stars on our cheek. They looked okay to start with, and by this time it was pretty smudged. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment