Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Helix Redo

A large group of Twitter peeps are rewatching the first three seasons of Heroes in anticipation of Season 4 (Redemption)'s premiere on September 21. The calendar is here if you'd like to join. I'm told the calendar is more of a guide and not a fixed schedule (<_<) so you can start late and catch up or skip days if it's not perfectly convenient.

Anyhoo, a few things I've noticed while rewatching.

1. The series opens with scrolling text a la Star Wars. I did not remember that.

2. Mohinder's opening and closing monologues are just as powerful as they ever were. The whispered question, "Do they even know?" at the end of Genesis can still bring tears to my eyes if I'm not perpared for it.

3. I cannot believe I wasn't in love with Bennet (HRG for the uninitiated) from the very beginning. He's soo super hot...Yes, I'm fangirling. Deal. I fangirl for one man, and he's it. My only explanation for my delayed idolization: I started loving Bennet when he started killing people.

4. There is a scene I remember between Simone and Isaac where she's calling him crazy for thinking he can paint the future and he says something like "I'm crazy? I painted this this morning!" and holds up a picture of her standing in the doorway with a portfolio. Is this in deleted scenes? I swear, it wasn't in Genesis when I rewatched. Am I going crazy? Did I imagine it?

5. Episode 1.4, Collision, is the very first time we actually see Isaac with the white eyes. It was more shocking to me rewatching it today than the first time I saw it. Isaac was never a favorite of mine, so I guess I just didn't pay him much attention before. Today rewatching, I realized what a big deal seeing him like that must have been for viewers when it was aired live.

6. I still hate Micah.

7. I'm totally meh on Claire. I actually think she got progressively more annoying as the show continued. Maybe I'm just angry that she tries to upstage Bennet in all their shared scenes. ;)

8. I'm honestly considering writing a Heroes fanfic (about Bennet, duh. lol). I don't know if I want to tackle that. It'll be my first ever Heroes fanfic and I've never been much for writing fiction. But dammit Bennet is just so inspiring.

So, if you're rewatching or want to or just enjoy Heroes, find me on Twitter and let me know. Be sure to hashtag rewatch tweets with #helixredo.

No comments:

Post a Comment